Re: How to deal with almost recurring data?

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: How to deal with almost recurring data?
Список pgsql-general
I would say it all depends on what you want to do with the data.
If you want to look up all the possible occurences for an event, it
might be useful to have the simple solution you described. If you will
only look up the next n occurences starting from a given date, you might
be better off storing the rule to derive the dates, and then calculate
them in your software, but this will make your software more complicated
for sure (dealing with date arithmetics can be incredibly complex, I've
been there). I would go with the simple solution as long as there is
enough space in the DB to store all the occurences...

HTH,
Csaba.