Re: fairywren failures

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: fairywren failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-10-16 13:34, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Could you please check how this animal is labeled?  AFAICT, this is not
>> an msys2 build but a mingw build (x86_64-w64-mingw32).
>
> It is indeed an msys2 system. However, when we set  MSYSTEM=MINGW64 as
> we do in fairywren's config environment so that the compiler it is
> properly detected by configure (using Msys2's /etc/config.site)
> 'uname -a' reports MINGW64... instead of MSYS...

When you install MSYS2 from msys2.org, you get three possible build
targets, depending on what you set MSYSTEM to:

MSYSTEM=MINGW32
MSYSTEM=MINGW64
MSYSTEM=MSYS

When a buildfarm member identifiers itself as "msys ... 2", then I would
expect the third variant, but that's not what it's doing.  A
MSYSTEM=MSYS build is similar to a Cygwin build (since MSYS2 is a fork
of Cygwin), which is also a valid thing to do, but it's obviously quite
different from a mingw build.