Re: pg_rewarm status

От MauMau
Тема Re: pg_rewarm status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have used pg_prewarm during some of work related to Buffer Management
>> and
>> other performance related work. It is quite useful utility.
>> +1 for reviving this patch for 9.4
>
> Any other votes?

+1
Some customers requested:

1. fill the database cache with frequently accessed data before starting or
resuming service for their users (for the first time or after maintenance
work), so that they can provide steady and predictable performance.

2. pin some (reference or master) data in the database cache not to be
evicted from the cache (like Oracle's KEEP buffer?), for the same reason as
1.

I'd love such useful feature like pg_rewarm to be included in core.  I hope
such nice features won't be rejected just because there are already similar
external tools.

Regards
MauMau