Re: Possible performance regression with pg_dump of a large number ofrelations

От Luke Cowell
Тема Re: Possible performance regression with pg_dump of a large number ofrelations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Stephen, thank you for putting this together.

> If folks get a chance to take a look at the query and/or test, that'd be
> great.  I'll try to work up an actual patch to pg_dump this weekend to
> run it through the regression tests and see if anything breaks.

I'm not sure how I can help other than testing that this runs. I can confirm that it runs on 10.1. It does not run on
9.5or 9.6 and gives this error:
> ERROR:  relation "pg_init_privs" does not exist
> LINE 139: LEFT JOIN pg_init_privs pip

I'm guessing that the error is not surprising and that the query is intended for an upcoming release of postgres and
wouldn'tbe backported to 9.6.x

Luke