Re: printTable API (was: Show INHERIT in \du)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: printTable API (was: Show INHERIT in \du)
Дата
Re: printTable API (was: Show INHERIT in \du)  ("Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> So, it looks like:

>  1. describe malloc's the cells to zero, but print just does a local
> calloc without any initialisation.

There isn't any functional difference there.  I am not sure, but I think
the reason print.c has its own malloc wrappers instead of depending on
common.c's is that we use print.c in some bin/scripts/ programs that
do not want common.c too.

>  2. describe only does an mbvalidate for WIN32, but print does it in all cases.

I don't know why describe only does that for WIN32; it looks
inconsistent to me too.  Possibly some trolling in the CVS history would
give a clue about this.

If you're not actively working on this patch right now, I am going to go
ahead and commit the other open patches for describe.c.  If you do have
a patch in progress, I'm willing to hold off to avoid any merge
conflicts.  Let me know.

Сообщение: Re: printTable API (was: Show INHERIT in \du)
Сообщение: Re: printTable API (was: Show INHERIT in \du)