Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Centralize definition of integer limits.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Centralize definition of integer limits.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On 2015-03-30 14:01:25 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> My OSX dev box is generating a couple of warnings since this commit:
>>> pg_dump.c:14548:45: warning: format specifies type 'long' but the
>>> argument has type 'long long' [-Wformat]

FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing on my OSX laptop.  I think the explanation
is simple: both "long" and "long long" are 64 bits on this machine.
Our configure chooses the former to be "int64", but stdint.h is using
the latter.  I'm not sure there's any good way to know what stdint.h
thinks is int64, but we can't do a half-baked integration job like this.
Either we revert 83ff1618b altogether, or we make int64/uint64 depend
on definitions from stdint.h rather than being chosen independently by
configure.