Re: Bug in pgAdminIII or in pg 8 beta3 ?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Bug in pgAdminIII or in pg 8 beta3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:06, Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think that is can be a bug... When I create a new database in pg8
> beta3 (win32) like this
>
> CREATE DATABASE test
>   WITH OWNER = admin
>        ENCODING = 'UNICODE';
>
> System objects became visible in public schema :
> tables like pg_ts_cfg , pg_ts_cfgmap, pg_ts_dict ...
> functions , operators etc.

I don't think those are system objects, unless they are specific to the
Win32 version.  I believe they are created when you use tsearch2 in a
database.  You must have done that some time in template1.

> but if I create a database from template0 this objects are not visibles
>
> My installation is with problem or this is a bug ?

No bug; these objects exist in the template1 database - someone created
them there - so they get copied into every new database.  This is a
_feature_.  It lets you ensure that every new database contains certain
objects.

If you don't want them in new databases, delete them from template1.

Oliver Elphick