Re: Adding users?

От Joseph Marlin
Тема Re: Adding users?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
You can make roles on remote servers but you'd need the roles that allow you create roles. If you don't have permission
tocreate roles, you won't see the option to do so.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net>
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 1:54:16 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Adding users?

On 22/02/16 13:41, Rob Lewis wrote:
> Boy do I feel dumb.
>
> I just installed Postgres.app and pgAdmin3.app on my Mac (El Capitan).
>
> I’ve searched everywhere in the program and the docs and I can’t find out how to simply add a user. Help, please.

Use pgadmin to make a connection to a server on the local machine.
Once the connection is active, right click on the server label.
You should see a "New Object" option, with three alternates, a
tablespace, group role and login role.
Read up on what these do, but login role might be what you need.
It needs to be a local server, the same option does not appear for a
remote server, at least on my machine.