Re: export-import problem

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: export-import problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:39 -0500, GreyGeek wrote:
> I export data from a table that contains a varchar field that stores  whole
> names in it.  Some of the names include the apostrophe character....
> O'Neal, etc...  When I attempt to import the data (using the copy command
> the apostrophe kills the import.  If I export the data with quotes around
> the varchar field the quotes get stored inside the varchar field.
> What the magic incantation to get apostrophes in textual data without
> surrounding the data with quotes?

Quotes have no special effect in COPY input:

        junk=# create table jj (id INTEGER, jname text);
        CREATE TABLE
        junk=# copy jj from stdin;
        Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
        End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
        >> 1    O'Neil
        >> 2    O'Grady
        >> \.
        junk=#

What precisely are you doing?

     "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their
      strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
      they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk,
      and not faint."            Isaiah 40:31