Re: pg_get_viewdefs() indentation considered harmful

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_get_viewdefs() indentation considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> I propose the attached patch. It wraps at 40 and also divides the
> indent level by half the std indent level. I tried a few different
> combinations and this is the one that produced the output I liked
> best.

I doubt you can do that (the half-size-step bit), at least not without
a much larger patch than this: there are assorted places that just
unconditionally append PRETTYINDENT_STD spaces, and would have to be
taught to do something different.  OTOH those places might need to be
adjusted anyway.