PL/Python: How do I use result methods?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема PL/Python: How do I use result methods?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm having my first try at a PL/Python function.  It is also a first try
at Python, so the answer to this may be obvious.

According to the docs (8.0):
       Calling plpy.execute with a query string and an optional limit       argument causes that query to be run and
theresult to be       returned in a result object. The result object emulates a list       or dictionary object. The
resultobject can be accessed by row       number and column name. It has these additional methods: nrows       which
returnsthe number of rows returned by the query, and       status which is the SPI_execute() return value.

What exactly is the syntax for using the nrows and status methods?

I am trying to use it like this:

arec = plpy.execute(plan, [ addrno ], 1)
plpy.info("Executed plan")
n = plpy.nrows(arec)
plpy.info("  got nrows")

This gives the output:
advacs=# select core.formatted_address(1);
INFO:  ('Prepared plan',)
INFO:  ('Executed plan',)
ERROR:  plpython: function "formatted_address" failed
DETAIL:  exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'nrows'

If I use n = arec.nrows

the message becomes
DETAIL:  exceptions.SystemError: error return without exception set

so how do you use it?

========================================   "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,      deceiving your own
selves."             James 1:22