Re: PL/PgSQL for counting all rows in all tables.

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: PL/PgSQL for counting all rows in all tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> BTW The reason I'm asking about this is we're trying to come up with a good
> scheme for phppgadmin to show estimated counts without showing incorrect
> numbers to users... or at least giving them a clue that the numbers might be
> really off.

The vacuum daemon should know how far off the count might be. You can
display 100 +- 15%, where the 100 is collected by ANALYZE and the 15% is
determined based on the vacuum daemon estimation.

Of course, AVD needs to be implemented and the interface created (a
pg_count view?)...