Re: DROP COLUMN Progress

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DROP COLUMN Progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, say the 'b' column is renamed to 'dropped_2', then you can do this:

> select dropped_2 from tab;
> select tab.dropped_2 from tab;
> update tab set dropped_2 = 3;
> select * from tab where dropped_2 = 3;

> Where have I missed the COLUMN_IS_DROPPED checks???

Sounds like you aren't checking in the part of the parser that resolves
simple variable references.

> Another thing:  I don't want to name dropped columns 'dropped_...' as I
> think that's unfair on our non-English speaking users.  Should I just use
> 'xxxx' or something?

Don't be silly --- the system catalogs are completely English-centric
already.  Do you want to change all the catalog and column names to
meaningless strings?  Since the dropped columns should be invisible to
anyone who's not poking at the catalogs, I don't see that we are adding
any cognitive load ...

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION