Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-09-27 16:52:44 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think it doesn't, as long as all the relevant build targets
>> write their dependencies with "frontend_code" before "libpq".

> Hm, that's not great. I don't think that should be required. I'll try to take
> a look at why that's needed.

Well, it's only important on platforms where we can't restrict
libpq.so from exporting all symbols.  I don't know how close we are
to deciding that such cases are no longer interesting to worry about.
Makefile.shlib seems to know how to do it everywhere except Windows,
and I imagine we know how to do it over in the MSVC scripts.

>> However, it's hard to test this, because the meson build
>> seems completely broken on current macOS:

> Looks like you need 1.2 for the new clang / ld output...  Apparently apple's
> linker changed the format of its version output :/.

Ah, yeah, updating MacPorts again brought in meson 1.2.1 which seems
to work.  I now see a bunch of

ld: warning: ignoring -e, not used for output type
ld: warning: -undefined error is deprecated

which are unrelated.  There's still one duplicate warning
from the backend link:

ld: warning: ignoring duplicate libraries: '-lpam'

I'm a bit baffled why that's showing up; there's no obvious
double reference to pam.