Problem in converting int to timestamp value - why?

От Soeren Gerlach
Тема Problem in converting int to timestamp value - why?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I've an integer column in a certain table that I need to convert into a
timestamp value to finally get a day difference to the current date.
From the manual it looks like straight forward, but the following line
is a great mistery for me:

  SELECT to_timestamp(to_char(20041217, '9999 99 99'), 'YYYY MM DD')

results in a timestamp "2171-11-05 22:00:00" ??? The int-to-char
conversion works well ("2004 12 17") but the to_timestamp() doesn't work
as expected - why?

I'm running Postgresql 7.4

Thanks a lot,
Soeren Gerlach

Heute schon gelacht?  http://all-about-shift.com/dailystrips/

Сообщение: Re: order of row processing affects updates
Сообщение: Re: order of row processing affects updates