Re: Tryint to match Solaris-Oracle performance with

От markir@coretech.co.nz
Тема Re: Tryint to match Solaris-Oracle performance with
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Mischa,

You probably need to determine whether the bottleneck is cpu or disk (should be
easy enough!)

Having said that, assuming your application is insert/update intensive I would
recommend:

- mount the ufs filesystems Pg uses *without* logging
- use postgresql.conf setting fsync_method=fdatasync

These changes made my Pgbench results improve by a factor or 4 (enough to catch
the big O maybe...)

Then you will need to have a look at your other postgresql.conf parameters!
(posting this file to the list might be a plan)

Cheers

Mark