Re: [pgadmin-support] VACUUM FULL Error

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] VACUUM FULL Error
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Patrick,

Three things.
1. I am not PgAdmin support.
2. This message should actually be addressed to pgsql-general@postgresql.org
3. Support for version 8.1 ended November 2010

I suggest your best course of action is to upgrade to a recent supported version (9.5 or 9.6).

In the meantime, it looks like you need to increase your shared_buffers parameter in your
postgresql.conf and restart the postgres server.

Melvin Davidson
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

From: "Hayes, Patrick" <Patrick.Hayes@stryker.com>
To: "pgadmin-support@postgresql.org" <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:52 AM
Subject: [pgadmin-support] VACUUM FULL Error

Hi pgAdmin support,

Recently truncated tables in Postgre SQL DB and now unable to free up disk space on server with the VACUUM FULL command.
The DB is 1.91TBytes in size.
Server is running Win 2008 R2 Standard Operating System.
Postgre SQL is version 8.1

Error message reads as follows:
ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 134217728.

Adding memory to server does not seem to make any difference. Re-starting the server makes no difference. The VACUUM command always ends in the same record 134217728.
Is there any way to selectively VACUUM tables – divide and conquer approach.
Thank you in advance for any support you can provide

Patrick Hayes

Вложения