Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 15:38, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 14:35, David Garamond wrote:
> >> Thanks! So I must modify and kill -HUP postmaster everytime a new db is
> >> added. Is there something like this in pg_hba.conf?
> >>
> >> local owndb all md5
>
> > No.  You would have to have:
> >         local his_db that_user md5
> > for each user/database combination.
>
> CVS-tip documentation alleges that "sameuser" does what David wants,
> at least as long as he names databases the same as their owners.
>
> I'm too lazy to look to see if it's in any released versions .

I had overlooked that.  It is in 7.4, at least:

database

        Specifies which databases this record matches. The value all
        specifies that it matches all databases. The value sameuser
        specifies that the record matches if the requested database has
        the same name as the requested user. The value samegroup
        specifies that the requested user must a member of the group
        with the same name as the requested database. Otherwise, this is
        the name of a specific PostgreSQL database. Multiple database
        names can be supplied by separating them with commas. A file
        containing database names can be specified by preceding the file
        name with @. The file must be in the same directory as
        pg_hba.conf.

     "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
      shall be saved."         Romans 10:13