Re: fsync vs open_sync

От Steve Bergman
Тема Re: fsync vs open_sync
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 23:47 -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> The world rejoiced as merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com ("Merlin Moncure") wrote:
> > Ok, you were right.  I made some tests and NTFS is just not very
> > good in the general case.  I've seen some benchmarks for Reiser4
> > that are just amazing.
>
> Reiser4 has been sounding real interesting.

Are these independent benchmarks, or the benchmarketing at namesys.com?
Note that the APPEND, MODIFY, and OVERWRITE phases have been turned off
on the mongo tests and the other tests have been set to a lexical (non
default for mongo) mode.  I've done some mongo benchmarking myself and
reiser4 loses to ext3 (data=ordered) in the excluded tests.  APPEND
phase performance is absolutely *horrible*.  So they just turned off the
phases in which reiser4 lost and published the remaining results as
proof that "resier4 is the fastest filesystem".

See: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=reiserfs&m=109363302000856

-Steve Bergman