Re: postgres "on in the internet"

От Frank Knobbe
Тема Re: postgres "on in the internet"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 18:35, Paul Tillotson wrote:
> At my company we are looking at deploying clients for our client/server
> app outside our firewall, which will then require our postgres box to be
> internet-accessible.

Besides the already mentioned SSL session, consider tunneling postgres
over SSH. For example, I can be anywhere with my laptop and thanks to my
local postgres port being forward over SSH to my database server, I can
issue commands locally as if I were on the server itself. All in a very
secure and relatively fast fashion. (data in the SSH tunnel is gzipped
and encrypted)

Regards,
Frank

Вложения