Re: cmin increments by 2 except in 7.4?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cmin increments by 2 except in 7.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> I've noticed that in PostgreSQL 7.4, successive commands in a
> transaction get cmin values that increment by 1, but in other
> versions cmin increments by 2.  Example:

Not sure about pre-7.4, but 8.0 is doing this because of a faulty
translation of list-munging stuff.  PortalRunMulti contains

        /*
         * Increment command counter between queries, but not after the
         * last one.
         */
        if (planlist_item != NULL)
            CommandCounterIncrement();

but planlist_item will *never* be NULL here.  Should be testing
lnext(planlist_item), I think.  Neil?