Re: Can't connect to Windows port + other

От Robby Russell
Тема Re: Can't connect to Windows port + other
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 16:12, Doug McNaught wrote:
> "Anony Mous" <A.Mous@shaw.ca> writes:
>
> > A few days ago there was a fellow that had trouble connecting remotely to
> > the 8.0 beta win port.  I had the same problem, but have since found the
> > solution.  In postgresql.conf file, ensure the line "listen_addresses" is
> > set to '*', ie,
> >
> > listen_addresses = '*'
> >
> > This should do it.  Can someone explain to my why this line is here?
>
> TCP/IP has always been disabled by default, leaving just Unix sockets
> for connections.  This is probably not a very useful default
> configuration on Windows.  :)
>
> -Doug

Heh, at least it makes the user learn how to configure their postgresql
configuration. ;-)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development

Вложения

От: Thomas F.O'Connell
Сообщение: Re: Understanding pg_autovacuum CPU Usage