Re: Creating Functions in Separate Schema

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Creating Functions in Separate Schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 22:42, Mark Dexter wrote:
> Our application currently runs in Microsoft SQL Server and we are
> porting it over to Postgres.  When we write enbedded SQL queries for
> SQL Server, we need to reference user-defined functions with the
> prefix "dbo." (e.g., "dbo.Function_Name()").  In experimenting with
> Postgres, it appears that we can create a schema called "dbo" and then
> reference functions with the same syntax (e.g.,
> "dbo.Function_Name()").
>
> We're trying to understand whether there will be any disadvantages to
> doing this.  Are there any possible issues or problems with this
> approach?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

It should work fine.

If you set the search_path to include dbo, the "dbo." prefix would
become optional.

        CREATE SCHEMA dbo;

        CREATE FUNCTION dbo.function() ...

        SELECT dbo.function() ...

        SET SEARCH_PATH TO  '...,dbo,public';

        SELECT function() ...

Oliver Elphick

От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: performance of IN (subquery)