Re: 9.4 pg_control corruption

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.4 pg_control corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Steve Singer <steve@ssinger.info> writes:
> On 07/08/2014 10:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There's no obvious reason to think that this pg_control file is corrupt
>> on its own terms, but the pg_controldata version you're using expects
>> the 942 layout.  The fact that the server wasn't complaining about this
>> suggests that you've not recompiled the server, or at least not xlog.c.

> The server  is complaining about that, it started to after the crash

Then you updated your sources, recompiled and reinstalled, but failed to
restart the server when you did that.  Else it would have complained on
the spot.

If you had any valuable data in the installation, we could talk about how
to get it out; but since you didn't I'd suggest just re-initdb and move
on.  I don't see anything unexpected here.