Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =

От Markus Bertheau
Тема Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =
Дата
Список pgsql-general
В Пнд, 23.08.2004, в 23:04, David Wheeler пишет:
> On Aug 23, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Ian Barwick wrote:
>
> > er, the characters in "name" don't seem to match the characters in the
> > query - '국방비' vs. '북한의' - does that have any bearing?
>
> Yes, it means that = is doing the wrong thing!!

The collation rules of your (and my) locale say that these strings are
the same:

[markus@teetnang markus]$ cat > t
국방비
북한의
[markus@teetnang markus]$ uniq t
국방비
[markus@teetnang markus]$

Make sure that you have initdb'd the database under the right locale.
There's not much PostgreSQL can do if strcoll() says that the strings
are equal.

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>