Re: monetary bug

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: monetary bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 20:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Are you aware that the monetary type is deprecated and is going to be
> >> dropped entirely pretty soon?
>
> > What's taking so long? ;-)
>
> We keep hoping someone will step up to the plate and rewrite it, instead.
> Per previous discussion, the type really ought to be a thin layer over
> "numeric", with most likely no operations of its own except I/O conversion.

What are the parameters?  Is it an SQL type?

It seems to me a monetary type is a complex type consisting of currency
code and amount -- but you couldn't sum mixed currencies.  Or else it is
limited to the currency of the locale, which doesn't seem particularly
useful.

I think that it should be removed altogether.

========================================   "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord     so cometh as a
thiefin the night. For when they shall     say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh      upon them, as
travailupon a woman with child; and      they shall not escape."      I Thessalonians 5:2,3