Re: postgres uptime

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: postgres uptime
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 05:41, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>   > I'd like to see more than one person requesting this (and with solider
> > rationales) before it gets added to TODO.  If I wanted to be picky I
> > would suggest that knowledge of the server start time might be useful
> > information to an attacker.  It would for instance narrow down the
> > number of possible starting seeds for the postmaster's random number
> > generator.
>
> Good point, however I can add that also the versione engine knowledge
> could be a good start point.

I'd offer that given a simple call to version() will give you PostgreSQL
version, cpu architecture, os/distribution information, and the version
of the compiler used, that letting someone know the uptime of the
postmaster would be last on my list of things I would worry about, and
version() is a non-superuser executable function.

If we do add this function, I guarantee you that you'll see it added to
phppgadmin and pgadmin, because it helps make these remote
administration tools more complete.

Robert Treat