libpq: passwords WAS: scripting & psql issues

От Daniel Martini
Тема libpq: passwords WAS: scripting & psql issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello list,

Citing Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>:
> The problem here is that the password can't be stored one-way-hash
> digested, because the cleartext version is needed to be sent to the
> server.

Actually why this is so has been a question for me for some time now, too.
Did just nobody have the time / idea to implement support for sending
hashed passwords to the server, or are there serious difficulties involved
with this, and I don't see them?

Regards,
Daniel