Re: create database with template doesn't copy database ACL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: create database with template doesn't copy database ACL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am unclear if we should be copying the CONNECT and TEMPORARY
> attributes or documenting that CREATE DATABASE does not copy them.

We should absolutely not copy them.

As an example, it'd make sense for an admin to revoke CONNECT on a
template database, just to help ensure that nobody modifies it.
If that propagated to every created database, it would be a complete
fail.

Moreover, since the ACLs of an object depend quite a bit on who the owner
is, it'd make no sense to copy them to a new object that has a different
owner.  The granted-by fields would be wrong, if nothing else.

In practice, CREATE DATABASE never has copied any database-level property
of the template DB, only its contents.  (Well, I guess it copies encoding
and collation by default, but those are descriptive of the contents.)

Сообщение: Re: create database with template doesn't copy database ACL
Сообщение: Re: create database with template doesn't copy database ACL