Re: Thousands of parallel connections

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Thousands of parallel connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[snip]
> requests, it only saves connection start effort.  (You could make the
> connection pool server queue the requests, but that is not the point of this
> exercise.)  I didn't quite consider the RAM question, but the machine is
[snip]

Well, I would disagree here. If the connections are not busy all the
time, a queueing connection pool will help you drastically reduce the
effective number of needed concurrent connections. We do this with good
results, and the programming overhead is practically null, the queueing
can be hidden in the pool itself (which of course must be well written,
but that's a one time job).

Just my 2c,
Csaba.