Sending errors from psql to error file

От Devin Whalen
Тема Sending errors from psql to error file
Дата
Re: Sending errors from psql to error file  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I am trying to migrate a client from one database to another.  Basically
we designed a web application for them using Postgresql but we have made
many changes to the design of our application since version 1.  Now they
want to upgrade.  So basically I have to pg_dump their current data and
then import it into our new schema.  Now, of course I realize that there
are going to be errors.  But they have a lot and I mean a lot of data.
I don't want to have to sit there and watch the import go by, I want to
run a command and then look in a file for any errors after the import is
complete.  I tried this command but it didn't work:
gunzip -c cli_postDataInserts.sql.gz | psql cli_post -U system | grep
"ERROR:*" > import_errors

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--