Re: Query result to a file

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Query result to a file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 22:33, Christian Poecher wrote:
> Eduardo Vázquez Rodríguez wrote:
> > Someone suggested in this list that I redirect the output of the query
> > using the "query" > file, but my intention is that the new file must be
> > on the client side.
>
> Actually Oliver used a client side approach. postmaster is the usual
> server process and psql one possible client. psql -h HOSTNAME starts the
> client process, if you are remote.

Yes.  However I confused things by saying that the path specified by \o
needed to be writable by the backend.  That is rubbish, of course, since
\o is executed by psql, not the backend.

     "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
      do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they
      carry out their wicked schemes."
                            Psalms 37:7