Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?
Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?  (Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?  (Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 02:05, sector119@mail.ru wrote:
> Will PostgreSQL 8.0 include replication server (not contrib/*) and nested transactions support?

What difference does it make if replication is contrib/* or an external
project or integrated?  It's still the same thing.  Plus, there are
currently no replication systems for postgresql that are all things to
all people, hence none are included or likely to be included.

Slony-I just came out in beta, and it appears to be quite a nice
replication system.

To put it bluntly, which would you rather have, a database with
integrated replication that had a flawed / unreliable replication
system, or a database with an external replication system that works
flawlessly?  Integration is much less important than whether it
functions, and anyone who says otherwise has been drinking too much
marketing kool aid.

nested transactions / savepoints will be included.