Re: Postgres and Tools Intro?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres and Tools Intro?
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 06:03, Randy Yates wrote:
> Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> writes:
>
> > Randy Yates wrote:
> >> This has probably been asked before so please be gracious. I
> >> have looked on the postgres site and didn't find anything
> >> "satisfying."
> >> Is there *good* overview of postgres and associated utilities?
> >
> > Hmm - not for the family as a whole. Part of the problem is that there
> > are quite a few add-on tools. The postgresql.org docs cover the
> > database quite well - between the reference manuals and the FAQ it
> > gives a good picture.
> >
> > What particular aspects are you interested in? I'm sure we can find
> > people who can help.
>
> PS: Is there a tool for converting MS Access forms and reports into
> HTML/postgres?

The only working one I've run across recently is my brain.  :-)
Seriously, PHP/PostgreSQL tend to be a bit too loosely coupled to have
such a complete "kitchen sync" type application yet.

There are many classes for perl, php, or any other web app language
found on Linux/BSD to do things like db access, form creation and
validation, etc...  You just have to pick the pieces you like best.

I've always made them by hand, and there are some nice examples out
there on the web of doing it a bit more low level.