Re: Selecting a specific row

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Selecting a specific row
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 16:11, Cason, Kenny wrote:
> Is there an easy way to select, say, the 15th row in a table? I can't
> use a sequence number because rows will sometimes be deleted resulting
> in the 15th row now being a different row. I need to be able to select
> the 15th row regardless of whether it is the same 15th row as the last
> select.

SQL itself has no natural ordering, so I'll assume you're doing
something like this:

select * from table order by seq_field

Just add offset and limit to the end:

select * from table order by seq_fields limit 1 offset 15;

От: Doug McNaught
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a specific row
От: Oliver Jowett
Сообщение: making integer_datetimes report on startup