Re: How to crash postgres using savepoints

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: How to crash postgres using savepoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 22:37, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Did this get through?  Hadn't seen anyone comment on it, and I thought
> it was pretty major :P

I'd just like to second your claims. I have a snapshot from 2004-08-02
and I appended a sequence of SQL commands that causes a crash for me.

Regards,    Jeff Davis

Sequence that causes crash:

test=# begin;
BEGIN
test=# savepoint a;
SAVEPOINT
test=# rollback to b;
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: LOG:  server
process (PID 23751) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  background writer process (PID 20334) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2004-08-02 21:40:58 PDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/A70914
LOG:  redo record is at 0/A70914; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 529; next OID: 25420
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progressLOG:  record with zero length at 0/A70954
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
Succeeded.
test=#