Re: Significant trailing spaces

От Steve Tucknott
Тема Re: Significant trailing spaces
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Mike,
This is from the 7.4 release notes - in my install the file is called HISTORY and is located directly under the postgre directory (not to be confused with the other history file that gives the BERKELEY background info)

     * Trailing spaces are now trimmed when converting from type char(n)
       to varchar(n) or text. This is what most people always expected to
       happen anyway.

The passage is at line 372, under the 'Migration to version 7.4' heading.