Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index
Дата
Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index  (Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> writes:
> But I still hold a bias towards renaming the index to match constraint name
> (with a NOTICE), rather than require that the constraint name match the
> index name, because the constraint name is optional and when it is not
> provided system has to generate a name and we have to rename the index
> anyway to maintain consistency.

No.  If the constraint name is not specified, we should certainly use
the existing index name, not randomly rename it.

Сообщение: Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index
Сообщение: Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index