Re: New pginstaller beta

От markir@coretech.co.nz
Тема Re: New pginstaller beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
I tried three scenarios on XP Professional.

1) Install everything and use all defaults

worked perfectly

2) Install everything, use a custom path of 'c:\program files\pgsql', and have
an old version (1.0.2) or Pgadmin 3 installed on the machine.

This got things confused, not sure if it was due to me leaving off the trailing
'\' on the path, or having the old Pgadmin 3 installed.

What happened was the "setting permissions" scanned the *entire* c drive, moer
than once I think. The installer showed a message saying Pg did not start (but
it did).

At this point I uninstalled, deleted the Postgres user and proceeded to 3)

3) Install everything, use a custom path of 'c:\program files\pgsql\', and
remove pgadmin 3 (1.0.2)  *before* installing.

worked perfectly.

regards

Mark