Re: recovery after segmentation fault

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: recovery after segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
> 2009-04-08 16:36:53 CEST LOG:  startup process (PID 3176) was
> terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault 2009-04-08 16:36:53 CEST
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

Hmm, what Postgres version is this?  Can you get a stack trace from
the startup process crash?

The only simple way out of this is to delete the presumably-corrupt
WAL log by running pg_resetxlog.  That will destroy the evidence
about what went wrong, though, so if you'd like to contribute to
preventing such problems in future you need to save a copy of everything
beforehand (eg, tar up all of $PGDATA).  Also you might have a corrupt
database afterwards :-(