Re: [HACKERS] intermittent failures in Cygwin from select_parallel tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] intermittent failures in Cygwin from select_parallel tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think so because this problem has been reported previously as
>> well [1][2] even before the commit in question.
>>
>> [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1ce5a19f-3b1d-bb1c-4561-0158176f65f1%40dunslane.net
>> [2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/25861.1472215822%40sss.pgh.pa.us

> Oh, good point.  So this is a longstanding bug that has possibly just
> gotten easier to hit.

> I still think figuring out what's going on with the
> ParallelWorkerNumbers is a good plan.

Also, your suggestion in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmob29v0zASBNfgO1Mq9yJ7_TRoAjL%3DO%2B2rXS0gBZezv%2BrQ%40mail.gmail.com

for a quicker path to reproducing it might still be valid.  Although at
this point, it seems like something we've changed recently has made it
occur often enough in the buildfarm that repeating the standard regression
tests should be good enough.