Re: PostgreSQL and mySQL database size question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and mySQL database size question
Дата
RE: PostgreSQL and mySQL database size question  ("Fred Ingham" <ingham@erols.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"Fred Ingham" <ingham@erols.com> writes:
> and populated them both with the same data: PIN table with 1,740 tuples and
> the PINNDX table with 92,488 tuples.  Looking at the number of files and
> size of the files, I get the following (after doing a vacuumdb with
> PostgreSQL):

> PostgreSQL
>   Files  109
>   Size   60.7MB

That seems excessive to me too --- but it's fair to ask exactly what you
were counting; does that include system catalogs, or just these two
tables and their indexes?  It would help to see an ls -lR of the $PGDATA
directory and a map of the table numbers; you can make the latter with
    select relfilenode, relname from pg_class order by relfilenode;