Re: Snapshot backups

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Snapshot backups
Дата
Re: Snapshot backups  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> writes:
> That begs the question what happens in case of a crash or (worse) a partial crash when multiple file systems are
involved.

As long as the OS+hardware honors the contract of fsync(), everything's
fine.  If the storage system loses data that it claims to have fsync'd to
stable storage, there's not much we can do about that, except recommend
that you have a backup plan.

In practice, the more complicated your storage infrastructure is, the more
likely it is to have bugs ...

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!