Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié jun 06 10:38:42 -0400 2012:
>> (BTW, we would probably just adopt the Debian solution if we were
>> sure there were no non-libpq clients out there; but we aren't.)

> Maybe this is a good time to make the /var/run socket location (Debian's
> choice) the primary one, and /tmp be the alternate.

I'm not really in favor of making /var/run be the out-of-the-box
default, because it would discriminate against personal/testing
installations (ie, you couldn't set it up without root privileges).
It's a reasonable choice for distro-provided packages, but not so
much for one-off builds --- think about the buildfarm if nothing else.

Having said that, if we made it easier to configure things that way than
by patching the source, I bet Martin Pitt isn't going to object.

Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets