Re: check point segments leakage ?

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: check point segments leakage ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What happens when a transaction fails to either commit or abort as a
> result of a serious error?
>
> That looks like a transaction-in-progress doesn't it?
>
> Would that prevent VACUUM from doing its work? It should be able to
> check the last startup xid to check that isn't the case, but suppose a
> backend had exited without taking down the postmaster.

I don't know if this is the case now or not (I imagine it's pretty good
at cleaning up at the moment), but if we implemented 2 Phase Commit this
logic would need to be removed as transactions need to cross database
restarts.

Сообщение: Re: Why we really need timelines *now* in PITR
Сообщение: Re: Why we really need timelines *now* in PITR