Re: Cannot connect to postgresql

От Peter Bradley
Тема Re: Cannot connect to postgresql
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 21:14, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Peter Bradley wrote:
> > I have just downloaded and installed postgresql and pgadmin3.
> >
> > In Postgresql I have done no more than create a test database (with no
> > tables or anything) called testdb.  I can connect to this dataabase as
> > the user postgres from the command line interface (./psql testdb).  The
> > postgres user is the user who started the server.
> >
> > When I try to add a server in pgadmin3 I firstly get the following
> > warning:
> >
> > Warning:
> > Mailcap file /home/peter/.mailcap, line 59: incomplete entry ignored.
> >
> > which seems a bit odd, since that refers to crossover office's entry for
> > Word 97 ...
> >
> > Then I enter the details for the new server (localhost, testdb,
> > postgres), but pgadmin3 hangs when I click on OK.  I've tried it with
> > the trusted checkbox both selected and deselected.
> >
> > netstat -l confirms that the server is listening on port 5432.
> >
> > If I try to telnet to port 5432 I get "Connection refused" both as my
> > own user and as the postgres user.
> >
> > My pg_hba.conf file is just the default file, which says that
> > connections should be permitted for any local postgresql user.  So I
> > gather from that that the postgres user should be OK.
> >
> > I'd look in the logs, but I don't know where to look (or what to look
> > for ...).
> >
> > I'd be grateful for any help
>
> Please supply informations about system and pgadmin3 version
> (binary/source?)
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Good point Andreas.  Apologies.

I'm running SuSE Linux 8.2.  Postgresql 7.4.3. pgadmin3-1.0.2.

The Postgresql installation is from the source files.  pgadmin is from
the rpm for SuSE 8.2.

My apologies again for not including that info before.

Thanks

Peter

Сообщение: Re: Cannot connect to postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Cannot connect to postgresql