Re: Locale support on Mac OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Locale support on Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v@mac.com> writes:
> Further points:
> - The sort command gives the same (wrong) results.
> - GUI (Cocoa) applications give the expected sort.

Hm, that's interesting.

> Any clues? Should I assume that if sort does not give the expected
> result, postgresql will not be different?

Correct.  I would consider it a bug if PG did not give the same sort
order as sort(1) for the same locale setting --- they'll both ultimately
depend on what the C library's strcoll() routine does.  What you need to
look into is why strcoll acts differently from your Cocoa apps.  Are you
certain you are really using the same locale setting for both cases?