Re: POC: Better infrastructure for automated testing of concurrency issues

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: POC: Better infrastructure for automated testing of concurrency issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander!

> 25 нояб. 2020 г., в 19:10, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> In the code stop events are defined using macro STOPEVENT(event_id, params).  The 'params' should be a function call,
andit's evaluated only if stop events are enabled.  pg_isolation_test_session_is_blocked() takes stop events into
account. So, stop events are suitable for isolation tests.

Thanks for this infrastructure. Looks like a really nice way to increase test coverage of most difficult things.

Can we also somehow prove that test was deterministic? I.e. expect number of blocked backends (if known) or something
likethat.
I'm not really sure it's useful, just an idea.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: POC: Better infrastructure for automated testing of concurrency issues