Re: Arbitrary precision arithmatic with pgsql

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Arbitrary precision arithmatic with pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Aug 31, 2004, at 9:17 PM, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> What you need is a power operation for numeric, which I think you'd
> have to write yourself,

Looking a little closer, there is a pow() function that takes two
numeric arguments and returns numeric.

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-math.html>

test=# select pow(2::numeric,100::numeric);                       pow
-------------------------------------------------- 1267650600228229401496703205376.0000000000000000
(1 row)

Sorry for the misinformation.

If you'd like, I think you can overload the ^ operator to work on
numeric as well if you don't want to use pow(). See the following page
for more information.

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createoperator.html>

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Arbitrary precision arithmatic with pgsql
Сообщение: Re: Arbitrary precision arithmatic with pgsql