Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 22:29, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> Oh, and it doesn't handle WAL. Tom mentioned/agreed that btree's method of
> dumping whole pages into WAL would be the best/most efficient way to
> journaling this and that the btree code should be generalised. I haven't
> had time to look at this yet.

Not sure whether it is really desirable that it does. Could be some damn
big tablespaces moved and do we really want all of that in the log?

I think we can leave it for now, maybe add a "dont log" option later,
and then change the default to logging.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs